Community careGet advice
If you’re having difficulty accessing health and social care services, we can advise you on the next steps you can take to access the care you need.
You’ll need to be eligible for legal aid, so please check here. If you are eligible, our expert adviser can help you find your way around the health and social care system.
We can also help you question a decision you might think is wrong, or advise you if you’re helping to arrange care for a relative or friend.
We can help with
- Support at home with everyday tasks or getting out and about
- Disability aids, adaptations, services and facilities
- Mental Health Care in the community
- NHS Continuing Care and Hospital Discharge procedure
- Younger or older people’s care services, accommodation and care charging
- Care and support for learning disabilities, autism and Asperger’s Syndrome
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Advice and support for carers
- Social services and health care support for migrants and failed asylum seekers with no recourse to public funds
- Unaccompanied asylum-seeking children
- Support for victims of trafficking
We can’t help with
- Mental capacity where this involves an application to the Court of Protection
Search for other advice
Sometimes we’re not able to help everyone who turns to us, even though we want to.
If we can’t help you, you can use these search buttons to look for other advice near you.