We are dedicated to supporting people who have left their home in search of a better, safer life. Our team of experts provide advice and assistance to help you navigate the complex world of asylum and immigration issues.
Most of our work is free of charge, funded by legal aid, and provided through referrals from partner agencies. Where legal aid is not available, we may offer not-for-profit rates or free initial advice from volunteer lawyers who are committed to helping our local community.
If you need advice, please check if we can help.
You can also get in touch using our contact form or by phoning 020 8767 2777. Please note that our phone lines are very busy at the moment, and you may find it quicker to use our advice checker if you can.
We can help with
- EU settled status applications for complex issues or vulnerable people
- Asylum applications and appeals (including for people in prison)
- Human rights applications on private and family grounds
- Unaccompanied children
- Victims of trafficking
- Victims of domestic violence
- Deportation proceedings
- Appeals to Immigration Tribunal and higher courts
- Some judicial reviews
- Visa for spouse, fiancée or partner
- Settlement Applications on basis of long residency
- Indefinite Leave to Remain applications
We can’t help with
- Asylum applications and appeals for people in Detention Centres
I don’t know what I’d have done without the Law Centre. Thanks to them, I’ve got my certificate and British citizenship ceremony. I’ve got proper ID to go for a job.
Search for other advice
Sometimes we’re not able to help everyone who turns to us, even though we want to.
If we can’t help you, you can use these search buttons to look for other advice near you.