We work with people who’ve left their home in search of a better, safer life – and who need advice and support to solve difficult asylum or immigration issues.
Most of our work is free of charge, funded by legal aid, and comes from referrals by partner agencies.
Where legal aid is not available, we can sometimes offer not-for-profit rates or free initial advice from lawyers who volunteer their time to help people in our local community.
We can help with
- EU settled status applications for complex issues or vulnerable people
- Asylum applications and appeals (including for people in prison)
- Human rights applications on private and family grounds
- Unaccompanied children
- Victims of trafficking
- Victims of domestic violence
- Deportation proceedings
- Appeals to Immigration Tribunal and higher courts
- Some judicial reviews
- Visa for spouse, fiancée or partner
- Settlement Applications on basis of long residency
- Indefinite Leave to Remain applications
We can’t help with
- Asylum applications and appeals for people in Detention Centres
Free support for voluntary agencies
We also offer free second-tier services to voluntary agencies that provide advice about the EU Settlement Scheme, on Fridays between 2-5pm.
Please email email@example.com to book an appointment.
I don’t know what I’d have done without the Law Centre. Thanks to them, I’ve got my certificate and British citizenship ceremony. I’ve got proper ID to go for a job.
Search for other advice
Sometimes we’re not able to help everyone who turns to us, even though we want to.
If we can’t help you, you can use these search buttons to look for other advice near you.