Small claimsGet advice
Small claims are often used to get compensation or your money back if something’s gone wrong.
Small claims are for simple cases that don’t involve complicated issues or large amounts of money (usually less than £10,000).
We can provide free initial advice to help you understand your rights about small claims and the steps you can take next. You’ll be advised by lawyers who volunteer their time to help people in our local community.
If you need advice, please get in touch using our contact form if you can.
Alternatively you can phone us on 020 8767 2777. Please note that our phone lines are very busy at the moment, and you may find it quicker to use our contact form if possible.
We can help with
- Problems with something you’ve paid for, like faulty products or poor service
- Problems with repairs if you rent from a landlord
- Money you’re owed for work you’ve done but haven’t been paid for, if you’re self-employed
We can’t help with
- Very complicated claims
- Claims that are for more than £10,000
- Ongoing support and representation in small claims cases
Search for other advice
Sometimes we’re not able to help everyone who turns to us, even though we want to.
If we can’t help you, you can use these search buttons to look for other advice near you.