Do you need advice about understanding and enforcing your rights over your child’s education, but you can’t afford a lawyer?
We can provide 30 minutes’ free initial advice to help you understand your rights and the steps you can take next. You’ll be advised by lawyers who volunteer their time to help people in our local community.
Please note that this is a new service with the first appointments taking place on 17 October. Appointments are booked in advance so to enquire about this service, please get in touch using our contact form if you can.
Alternatively you can phone us on 020 8767 2777. Please note that our phone lines are very busy at the moment, and you may find it quicker to use our contact form if possible.
We can help with
- Special Educational Needs including advice on Education, Health and Care Plans, First-tier Tribunal appeals, and enforceability of provision
- Children out of school for reasons of illness, exclusion or otherwise – basic rights and entitlements
- School admissions for children without EHC plans
- School exclusions
- Disability discrimination in schools (inc independents)
- School transport issues
We can’t help with
- On-going casework
- Higher education
- Educational negligence
- Complaints about further education providers or courses
Learn more about our services
Our project offers a range of services to ensure accessibility for all community members.